Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Vote for Kentucky

Hey Everyone,

When the rumor of having the reunion in Atlanta was started by Mike Cooney:), it was really a joke. He was here on a business trip and he forced me into drinking too much....again, alas, the ugly rumor. My concern about having it in a busy place (Wis Dells) is that everyone is going to be so busy running around that we don't get to visit. I haven't seen several of you in 8 years.
I would like to go to a place where we hang out together. SO, the idea came to me about having the reunion at the Mark Heiser's. They live across the street from a golf course, swimming pool and tennis courts. Also, they live 20 minutes from a lake that they can easily rent boats for a day. We've done it many times. They have a huge lot for a football game:), camping(ugh), stumbling around after hours and it is 7 hours from Chicago.....9 from Madison? Hotels are cheap....

I don't want to exclude anyone from coming because of distance. I don't mind driving, I've been doing it forever. I'm going to be in Wisconsin the week before the reunion anyway. I would stop on my way home. I just think this is a win/win.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I think Kentucky could be fun! There is Levi Jackson State Park nearby (parks.ky.gov/findparks/recparks/lj) and several resorts in the area. At Conley Bottom Resort (www.conleybottom.com), it looks like each family could rent their very own houseboat for the weekend! Check it out!