Saturday, March 15, 2008

I am "moderating" my comments. They came out sounding negative. I am not a huge fan of that area, maybe similar to Kim's feelings about KY. I think it's because I was pregnant the last time I was there. However the resort itself may work for us in this situation.

Mike and I have stayed at Eagle Ridge. (I just realized that was 14 years ago.) The resort was very nice and accomodations were lovely. It smelled like manure when we were there last - probably 'cuz it is so close to Iowa... I guess I didn't even consider it because it is not along anyone's travel path.

I agree with all of the PROS that Kim has listed. Of particular interest are the large homes available.

In the CONS category,
Fewer variety of activities available for the wide age group we are trying to satisfying - it is definately in the middle of nowhere.
More difficult for John & Lisa to get there, as taking the Car Ferry is ruled out - would be about 8 hours for them - just to go to Galena, Illinois!

No comments: